There Goes My Hero

Monday, December 04, 2006

yay me..... I got a job at waitrose!

Last Tuesday u had a group interview for Waitrose. I was strangely not too worried about it. That as until I got I had to wait outside the room and I saw more and more people coming who were there for the interview too who looked like they were more lily to get a job. We all walked into the room and had to find chairs with clip boards and name tags. We found our place and then began the interview. First of all to get to know each other we had to play a game of bingo where we has to ask other people various questions such as do you play the piano and write their name in that box. The second part of the interview consisted of us taking five minutes to prepare a short two minute presentation on ourselves and why we want the job. This went well. At first I thought didn't stand a chance, but then as I watched other people realized (without sounding to big headed) that I had to much more to offer, and so much better stuff to talk about. I think I came across as a bit of a hippy as I described spending my spare time on protests and making DVDs for the green party, where as others included things such as shopping and ice-skating. The final part of the interview consisted of getting split into two groups with a list of words and deciding on which ones are the most important attributes for working in Waitrose. This part annoyed me; top of my list was communication skills, where as twp 16 year old boys who knew each other form 6th form believed that it was having salesman skills. Well, I won! I mean if you go to a super market u rarely or never have someone trying to sell you something, it just doesn’t make sense. One deciding on our top six words they questioned us on our choices and then briefly spoke to us individually to look into our availability. I was told they would call in the next few days to tell me if I would be called for a second interview.

Next day, I got a call and arranged for an interview in Friday. It went really well, they just asked simple questions on why we wanted the job and what we have to offer and then had to go through medical information and height (have no idea why- to see if we can stack shelves maybe?) before getting shown to the checkouts and briefly describing the process.

following Monday I got a call saying I have been accepted, and went through clothes sizes and preferences. I have an induction this thursday, after that i will be working 5-8.15 on a Monday, and 12-8 on a Saturday.

The put off for me is the similarity between the shirt i have to wear and the uniform i just stopped wearing!

5 Comments:

Blogger Roz Lynch said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another Hippy in the world and working for Waitrose...well done...of course they couldn't turn down such high quality...and I'm glad uv kept the 12th free...for your TV appearance...btw I'm planning a club trip to Waitrose in the new year...looking forward to seeing you there...

11:04 PM  
Blogger Keeley said...

well done sarah i knew you would do well any way and i am dreading the 12th i dunno wat to wear on TV lol

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

im dreadin the 12th too!!
what to wear is not an issue... the umpa lumpa suits of course!!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Congratulation Nuremberg! What will they do without you!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

thomas your comment has left me all confused lol

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home